Saturday, August 16, 2008

Barely a breeze

I'm sitting here at my desk watching people park their cars outside the house and making their way down onto the beach. Saturdays in August are always busy at the beach, and it makes it difficult to even park my own car close to the house.

The heat is turned up to max. Barely a breeze. Dogs fighting at regular intervals. Darcy is still wearing his 'lampshade', which Doodle hates, but it actually offers him some protection to the bites and snarls that come his way when he gets within 2 feet of the Doodle.

Thing 1 and 2 are bored with loads of bickering and play fighting to wind us all up.
This in turn sets the dogs off.
Haven't thought of what's for dinner yet. Maybe I'll head for the supermarket for some respite, or I'll follow Hubby's advice [the heat must be getting to him - as he is the most foodyiest person I know] and "just give them a sandwich" - I don't think so!

4 comments:

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's nice to make your acquaintance! I live in SW Florida, so I can empathize with the heat!

Tracey said...

Lovely to make your acquaintance too! I love FLA.

Connie said...

Hi from SC where we have cooled down to the 90's! I am a wee bit envious that you are in Spain and on the coast!!! Sounds lovely. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I enjoy "visiting" around the world and stateside via the web!

Louise said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, my first from Spain. I am always stuck for ideas for meals, it would be so much easier if we could live on sandwiches. x